Monday, February 25, 2013
Interdisciplinary Research Projects and World Conference on Existential Harmony - 2014
The Background Paper
Interdisciplinary Research Projects
World Conference on Existential Harmony - 2014
The world is facing many a challenge like pollution of air, water and soil. Natural resources are fast depleting. Population growth-rate is outstripping resources worldwide. There is an uneven distribution of sources of livelihood. Multinational corporations are putting undue pressure on governments and twisting their policies. Nuclear weapons pose an imminent threat to the survival of mankind. Confrontationist policies and use of military power to resolve economic and political interests are on the rise. Genocide, racism, fundamentalism and terrorism have wrought havoc worldwide. Issues relating to personal life like rising divorce rate, depression, stress and lifestyle diseases etc., are causing an unbearable tension in the society. Therefore, a holistic approach is needed to grapple with the current unhealthy syndrome.
IASE (D) University and Gandhi Vidya Mandir, Sardarshahar, Rajasthan, India has launched a hydra-headed Interdisciplinary Research Project on peace and harmony. Approximately 100 interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary research projects would be undertaken under the guidance of eminent professors and research scholars. The University has established Six Harmony chairs (Harmony Professors) to co-ordinate these projects namely Chair of Philosophical Harmony, Religious harmony, Harmony through Science & Technology, Social Harmony, Political Harmony & Economical Harmony. This will be followed by a World Conference on Existential Harmony 2014 to explore the philosophy of existential harmony. The Conference will also highlight the scientific aspects of the universal order and examine social, economic and political theories with the objective of drafting a universally acceptable curriculum for college and school students.
Research studies, right from the earliest literature down to recent times are focused on the essential cosmic harmony - interrelatedness and interdependence of all planets and all beings. There is divine unity in the phenomenal diversity. There is continuity in the process of evolution in the four stages of the Natural Order - material order, respiratory order, animal order and knowledge order. Every unit in the Nature is coherent from within and correlated to the Cosmic Order from without. All existing living and non-living objects are self-controlled and inherently balanced by the Laws of Nature.
The Earth planet is an important part of the whole cosmos. It is essentially governed by the Laws of Nature and it functions in a harmonious manner. It serves as the most important natural source to the survival of ‘N’ number of material bodies. On the Earth planet, there are billions of objects, comprising human beings, flora and fauna, the atmosphere, hydrosphere and geosphere, which are interdependent and interrelated in a harmonious Order. This Order has its own intrinsic laws, which regulate its functioning, articulating physical, chemical, biological and ecological aspects.
In order to live in harmony with Nature, human beings must recognize and respect its intrinsic laws and its vital cycles. In such a System, all the objects, being and non-beings have to live within their limits as determined by the Law of Nature. Anybody who digresses from the Law of Nature is bound to impinge upon the rights of others and disturb the system of eternal harmony. Therefore, it is irrational and immoral to recognize any kind of extraordinary privileges for human beings at the cost of several other bodies / units of the Earth planet. Human beings have to understand their essential obligations and function in coherence with the larger interest of existence. The human existence has to function and sustain itself within this System. Accordingly, we need to create political, economic, religious and educational institutions in consonance with the spirit of the laws of existential harmony.
In the domains of natural and social sciences, research and explorations are going on to establish this inherent synergy in different areas like atoms, cells, chemical and physical activities, as also in the human activities. We should understand the elegance of this coherent Order. The principles of harmonious existence will serve as a beacon light in all human endeavors. Otherwise, human beings shall pay the price for their negligence of the Law of Nature. We have to understand the meaning of spiritual ecology i.e., living in harmony with everything that the nature has created. Man must utilize the sources of nature as per his natural needs and give up his wanton desire for exploiting and overpowering Nature. It will also help the humanity to escape from conflicts and wars.
In spite of differences, no nation has ever publicly rejected peace and harmony. To destruct world peace and natural harmony is a crime against humanity and peaceful coexistence.
Sometimes a question is asked: Is man violent by nature or does he desire peace? Some studies show that War is not a natural instinct but it is an invention of the hallucinated minds. Some historians opine that war is written by the warriors and winners to further their agenda. The Nihilists also join this bandwagon to proclaim that peace and harmony are unachievable.
The truth of the matter is that the Homo sapiens are not destructive by nature. Social and biological studies lend support to the ethics of universal brotherhood. In the unforgettable Aristotelian axiom: “Man is a social animal.” The biblical literature has beautifully encapsulated the truth: “God has created man in His own image.” How beautiful are the words of the 19th century German philosopher Hegel: “Man is the march of God on Earth.”
To our great satisfaction, the spiritual Scriptures of the world and constitutional documents have always espoused the cause of peace and harmony. We should not retard our ability to think and reason in solving our problems. Solutions are possible and they are waiting to be discovered only by unbiased and objective researches. Its time we shun negative thinking.
Individuals and organizations all over the world are striving to rectify human errors and restore the system of global harmony. Let’s explore new possibilities and alternatives to realize the harmony on the planet Earth. Every individual has some responsibility to contribute to the process of global harmony.
· To identify current challenges in identifying “human problems” and solving them
· To promote inter & multi disciplinary research activities for Peace & Harmony
· To orient the Global academic community towards Peace & Harmony Studies
· To establish, promote & strengthen an International Centre for Peace & Harmony Studies
· To Draft an outline of a Universal Curriculum for Peace & Harmony Education
· To bring out literature/books/Study Material/ Journal/Research Articles on various topics related to Peace & Harmony Education (Content Development)
· To develop Political, Social, Economic harmony Theories
· To create a network of Peace Researchers, Workers & Academicians
· Philosophy of Peace & Harmony
· Existence as Co-existence
· Philosophy of science with reference to orderliness
· Comparative & Analytical studies of Philosophies
· Objective of the Philosophical studies
· Dialectic Vs Order : A Comparative Analysis
· Entropy And Order
· Biological Order & Harmony
· Cellular Order & Harmony
· Solar system Order & Harmony
· Order in modern cosmologies
· Orderliness in existence
· Harmony in & with nature
· Historical Perspectives on God's Order, Man's Order, and the Order of Nature
· Harmonious pattern in every unit
· Symmetrical & definite behavior
· Co-existence: A Synergetic order in existence
· Universal Natural order
· Certainty & definiteness
· Purpose of scientific study
· The state of Equilibrium & Self Controlled
· Evolution as ad hoc creation of order
· Symmetrical patterns in nature
· Need for Harmony and humane governance for Social Order
· Social Justice
· Homosapiens: One Human Race
· Harmonious Society/Civilization
· Humanity, Human & Human Society
· Critical Analysis of the Economic History
· Concept of Economic Justice - The Proprietary Interest Model
· Economic Equality
· Justice based management—based on Ownership sharing
· A Just Economic model
· Political Harmony and rule of law
· Constructing the Political Harmony in the Harmonious Social Sight
· Political basis of a harmonious society
· The Pursuit of Political Harmony in the Philosophy of "Harmony" of Marxism
· Common Faith
· Common Morality
· Religious history
· Common philosophies in all religions
· Interfaith & its future
· Religion & Human religion
· Inter-religious harmony
· Theories of Religious Harmony
· Religious Harmony, Coexistence and Universal Peace
· Harmonious relationship in multi-ethnic, multi-religious and multi-cultural world
· Religious harmony and world peace
· Importance of Inter-Religious Harmony
· Humanist Society and Religious harmony
· Religious Humanism
· Secular Religious Humanism
· Peaceful & Religious Harmony
· Socio-Religious Harmony
· Communal harmony and peace building
· Social, racial and religious harmony
· One Human race for a global unity